Temporary Hair Removal
Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. The effects last for between 2-6 weeks – depending on the individuals rate of hair growth, the time of year and how long you have been having the area waxed.
Warm wax is applied to the skin in a thin layer. The hair becomes embedded in the wax and a strip is applied and then pulled off quickly, in the opposite direction of the hair growth, taking the hair with it.
- Regular exfoliation prevents ingrown hairs and keeps skin looking healthy.
- Regular waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimise irritation.
- Ideally hair should be between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch in order for the wax to be able to remove them effectively.
- Avoid heat treatments for at least 24 hours following waxing.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing.
- Do not use exfoliating products and loofahs for at least 24 hours after waxing as they may further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing as it may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
We use traditional ‘warm’ roller wax for large areas and comfortable ‘hot’ setting wax for delicate areas.
Treatment is carried out by Marion Hall Hall.